The Turks and Caicos are beautiful in every way. The clean white sandy stretches with the turquoise waters add to the experience. The underwater reefs are unique, which makes them hotspots for scuba diving in the region. However these are not the only sports you can indulge in, there are a number of sports and other activities to do in the Turks and Caicos.
Various Exciting Activities
There is a number of historical sites that you can visit and famous locations like the Provo, the Grace Bay Beach and number of different resorts. However when you are done visiting these locations there are still various activities you can indulge in, along the 14-mile barrier reef.
- Kite Surfing: The Turks and Caicos are one of the best locations for kitesurfing in the world. Shallow waters, consistent winds and the warm climate make it perfect for kiteboarding. Long Bay Beach has one of the top kite schools in the world and it is an experience one cannot miss. Local operators will provide you with all the kite surfing equipment you need and licensed professionals can give lessons. Experienced surfers can choose packages which take them out even further out into the lagoons’ where there are far stronger swells.
- Snorkeling: This is another activity you can indulge in. The beautiful reefs and the blue vibrant waters add to the experience. You can hire charters to take you to the best and most fascinating snorkeling spots in the ocean. Beaches like Grace Bay Beach and Governors Beach offer great snorkeling experiences.
- Charter fishing boats: While visiting Turks and Caicos, you can also charter whale spotting boats that show you amazing sights of humpback whales as they head towards warmer waters. The best time to experience this is during the months of January to April when the weather is pleasant. There are many charter packages you can choose from to enjoy the excitement of exploring different paths.
- Paddleboarding: The Turks and Caicos offer tourists the best paddle boarding experiences. There are many hidden islands and waterways that can be accessed only through stand-up paddleboards. You either have the option of renting one or letting local professionals guide you through the turquoise waters for an amazing and thrilling experience.
- Diving: Pillory Beach is one of the best beaches in the area if you to have the best diving experience. The conditions are perfect and you can spot various forms of marine life such as: stingrays and eagle ray fish. Many operators provide tailored excursions for tourists in order for them to have the best experience. The beach has smaller waves and white sand that makes it the perfect location for beachgoers to have the best diving experience. The perfect weather, clear waters and white sands are ideal for relaxation.
Taking a tour of the Turks and Caicos will lead you to discover the rich and fascinating history of the tiny coral islands in the Caribbean. You can hire a guide to help you explore the world’s only conch farm and you can step foot in the former slave plantations etc. you can roam around the ruins of the Great House, the structures that held the tools of cotton trades. You can dive in further into the rich history of the islands in the Turks and Caicos National Museum.
These islands have a lot to offer an adventurous traveler. You can choose to lounge around on the sandy beaches or get a rush of adrenaline by indulging in any one of these wonderful activities. You will find that when it comes to vacationing the Turks and Caicos Islands there is never a dull moment.